The Case of the Vanishing Fish Hook
Three act musical comedy; 33 script pages.
- HANK THE COWDOG, Head of Ranch Security
- DROVER, a little mutt
- LOPER, the ranch owner
- SLIM, a bachelor cowboy
- SALLY MAY, a long-suffering ranch wife
- LITTLE ALFRED, a five-year old boy
It’s a hot summer day on the ranch. Disobeying his mother, Alfred sneaks down to the creek and goes fishing, using beef liver as bait. Hank can’t resist the smell of liver and gobbles down a piece, never suspecting that it contains a fish hook. The dreadful decision of what to do about Hank’s emergency falls to Sally May, who has always regarded her husband’s dog as a fool and a nuisance.
- "ALAS AND ALACK" sung by Slim
- "THE SHARING OF PAIN" sung by Hank
- "SALLY MAY'S LAMENT" sung by Sally May
- "I WILL NEVER EAT ANOTHER FISH HOOK" sung by Hank